Buying unlocked phone, changing plans. The Honor 5x, is it compatible with Rep Wireless?

I’m currently using a Moto G (1st Gen) phone in the first gen plan, but am going to have to purchase a new phone (going overseas, will need European SIM). The phone I’m considering is the Honor 5x, as it is dual-SIM. Will this phone work with the plans Republic offers, and will I be able to switch my number to that phone? I would be using it for the remainder of time I have in the US, and then get European SIM when I arrive.

I’m thinking in the end, as it may be a more permanent move, but with temporary visits to the US, I wouldn’t want to discard my number, but it won’t make sense to keep my American number overseas. Unless I use it to communicate with those in America… but this is my first time making such a move, so if anyone has input or wisdom on international phone matters, I’m all ears.

No, sorry, it will not work with RW.

I wouldn’t want to discard my number, but it won’t make sense to keep my American number overseas. Unless I use it to communicate with those in America.

If still working well it might make sense to keep your G1 with RW on the $5 WiFi only plans for calls back to the US when WiFi is available. Sometimes two phones are better than one.

Message an
Expert customer