BYOP new user old Moto G4

Need to know if my deactivated Moto G4 (1625) can be activated by a friend wanting to try RW for the 1st time?

Hi @patq,

We are no longer able to activate any phone on our My Choice plan, which would be the plan your Moto G4 used previously.

The Moto G4 is not included on the “compatible” list for our new 5.0 plan, however, we no longer limit activation to a very specific list of phones as we used to. This means if your friend would like to try our service with the Moto G4, you can purchase a new plan for the phone and give it a try. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on the plan if it doesn’t work out.

Thank you, I’ll pass that along

I have a Moto G4 here and I’ll try it today. @patq If your friend hasn’t already ordered the plan/SIM I’ll let you know later today how / if it works.

2 Likes

Perfect timing…yes, I be happy to know

Thanks

I just tested and I’m happy to report that the G4 works for calling/texting (SMS & MMS) and data without issue. It will not have wifi calling or visual voicemail however.

Note: Upon inserting the SIM the phone self-configured APNs. These worked to allow the call to make calls and send SMS, but not for anything else. The self-configured APNs must be removed and replaced with the correct Republic APNs for data/MMS to work.

2 Likes

Great!! I’ll pass along your finding…Thank you very much.

2 Likes