BYOP phones have decreased in number

I was looking through the BYOP options about 2 weeks ago and it seems that the phones on that original list have recently decreased to only the ones that are sold by Republic now. Any reason why so many phones were dropped from the list?

Hi @josephi.xjjdpw,

Could you point us to the list you’re referencing? Are you using the compatibility checker at Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless ?

1 Like

there been no reductions

Phones currently available in our online store and supported through our Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program

Huawei Ascend 5W (H1623)
Moto E4 (XT1768)
Moto G4 (XT1625)
Moto G4 PLAY (XT1607)
Moto G5 Plus (XT1687)
Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575)
Moto Z (XT1650-03)
Moto Z Play (XT1635-02)
Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320A)1
Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930U)
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935U)

For a comparison of the phones listed above, please see our Comparison of Currently Offered Phones‌.

Additional phones supported through our Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program, but not sold in our online store
Alcatel A30 (5046G)
Google Pixel (G-2PW4100)
Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100)
Moto G4 PLUS (XT1644)
Nexus 5X by LG (LGH790)
Nexus 6 by Motorola (XT1103)
Nexus 6P by Huawei (H1511)
Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)1
1Only certain build numbers of these phones are compatible with our service.

Note the new BYOD shopping page makes makes one select brand before models

3 Likes

Yeah that is the link I am using. I used to see a listing of all the
compatible phones for the program, but the checker only list phones
Republic Wireless sells now.

Instead of me listing all the phones I see in the compatibility checker, can you tell me which model seems to be missing, so I can look into it?

I was looking for the phones that drm186 listed. Mostly the Nexus phones . I was thinking about buying one of those unlocked when I upgrade our phones.

Nexus 6
Nexus 5X
Nexus 6P

Thanks.

They haven’t been removed. They are hiding in the Google menu rather than being listed under their manufacturer’s label.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer