"Call ended" error message

What phone do you have? Moto G6

What plan are you on? $20/mo

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data, talk, text

Issue Description

I have a situation I am trying to fix where for one particular number that I call daily I often get a “Call ended” message after I initiate the call. No rings, no busy, no fast busy, just that message from the RW app. No one else I know has trouble calling that particular number. The call is routed from RW to Sprint to CenturyLink to this particular land-line. I was thinking it was a routing problem, but that is unlikely. It may be a signaling (SS7) problem.

Sometimes the problem persists for 24 hours. Other times, I redial a few times and it eventually rings the distant line.

Anyone else ever seen this error message? It started recently, could be a signaling problem with the latest version of the RW app or maybe CenturyLink installed some new software or the Sprint T-Mobile merger is going bonkers again. Really tough to debug this, but extremely important to me and one ancient old man I’ve known for 67 years.

• Can you determine if the failure is the same or different on Cell vs WiFi?
    Try calling the AOM on cell to see if that makes a difference.
    • I would suggest that you Open a Ticket, so the support team can check and see if they got the call setup request.
      • You would need to make a call and have a failure shortly before you Open the ticket, plus provide the number and time of the call

That is news. I did open a ticket but the problem resolved itself and has been sporadic since then. However, if I continue to experience it I will open a ticket as you suggested.

As for other readers, if you have seen this error please share your experiences.

Message an
Expert customer