Call routing issues in the 540 area code

I have an issue with my service for more than three weeks now. I cannot make or recieve calls to certain phone numbers. I have been told it’s a routing issue in the 540 area code. I know of several other Republic customers who are having the same issue. I have pretty much been told that there is no time table for resolving this issue. If this truly is a area code routing issue, it would seem to me that numerous customers would have the same issues. Is anyone else having call routing issues???

I had a routing issue that took a year or more to resolve. It wasn’t RW’s problem but they did help by opening a carrier ticket with my local telco. It seems some local telco’s have trouble figuring out how to do their routing.

That’s pretty discouraging. I don’t think I can go a year. Did it take a year after they opened a ticket with the local carrier?

Any routing problem will have to be handled by Republic’s Tech Support folks … as it will cross between multiple vendors (either Sprint or the GSM partner) it would be key if you could identify the various individuals that you know are having the problem. Then carefully document the problems.

• Are the users spread over the Area code … are some tower areas better/worse
  • What are the steps you can take to recreate the problem?
  • Try the call on both Cell and then again on WiFi …(use Airplane mode and turn on/off WiFi to control)
  • As much data as you can gather and provide on the initial Ticket, the better chance of a fix
  • Hit the Help link at the top of the page

aarons.aunwz0 wrote:

That’s pretty discouraging. I don’t think I can go a year. Did it take a year after they opened a ticket with the local carrier?

No, I spent most of that year trying to convince my local telco it was their problem. RW got it fixed in about a week. In all, RW has handled local telco problems for 4 of my friends (3 different telcos) and each took about a week.

I opened a ticket and have done live sessions with republic rep. . They have been able to duplicate the issues with the tests that they have done. They have also opened a ticket with the carrier. How do even find out who the local telco. would be?

Plug the number(s) in here: Port Eligibility And Reference Services (PEARS). Clicking “Check Port Eligibility/Reference Data” will reveal the carrier providing service to the number(s) in question.

aarons.aunwz0 wrote:

I opened a ticket and have done live sessions with republic rep. . They have been able to duplicate the issues with the tests that they have done. They have also opened a ticket with the carrier. How do even find out who the local telco. would be?

The easiest way is to ask the callers who their telephone company is. In one case I dealt with the caller solved the problem by calling their local telco but I wasn’t so fortunate with my telco because their technicians couldn’t figure it out so RW told them what they needed to do.

Message an
Expert customer