Calling a Verizon Prepaid Phone

My son just switched from Republic to a Verizon Prepaid Phone. He switched his phone number also. When I try and call him using my Moto G4 cell phone, I get a message stating that the Verizon number I am trying to reach has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in use. He also does not get my texts. I can receive call and texts from him. My husband, who is with Verizon, can reach him and I can reach him using our house phone. What can be the problem?

If this has been changed in the last day or two the # porting process may not yet be complete. If that’s the case it should work normally soon.

Thank you. I will give it a couple of days and then try again.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I recommend try to VOIP your phone

If it goes on very long I would recommend you open a ticket. In the past, there have been a few cases where the number was ported out, but some internal routing paths remained in the Republic Wireless system. This kept Republic Wireless customers from being able to contact some numbers that were ported out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.