Calling via cellular network

I set up my new Moto G6 earlier today.
I’ve successfully connected to my home WiFi, but when I make a call, I notice that the display has tended to say, “Calling via cellular network”.
I’m not sure why it’s defaulting to “cellular” when, in the past with my old RW phone, (and plan), all calls routed through my WiFi network.

In addition, strangely, the message just changed, and now it says, “Calling via Republic Network”, but I have no idea if that means the call is being sent through from my WiFi, or whether it’s a cellular-only call?

Is there some setting I should be aware of?
PS - Due to bad coverage, my old Moto-X would not work in my residence if calls were not made through my WiFi, but even if this Moto G6 is able to work using cellular, I’d prefer that calls be handled through my WiFi.

That’s the message on the new phones when making calls via Wi-Fi. So it looks like whatever the issue was as corrected itself, and your phone is now making calls over Wi-Fi.

louisdi, I don’t quite understand your answer, but maybe you mistyped?
You stated:
That’s the message on the new phones when making calls via Wi-Fi. So it looks like whatever the issue was as corrected itself, and your phone is not making calls over Wi-Fi.

Did you mean to type?
…and your phone is NOW (not NOT) making calls over Wi-Fi.

Yes indeed. I’ve corrected the not to now. Thanks for interpreting my typo!