Calls dropping and error message says another app is using microphone

What phone do you have? Motorola G Power 2020

What plan are you on? My Choice 1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes data

Issue Description

While on a call, my phone call dropped and I got a message saying that another app was using the microphone. This happened 7-8 times in a single phone call. As soon as I would click CANCEL on the error message, the call would reconnect. I thought they were calling me back because my phone would ring and show that it was the person calling back. However, she said on her end, it would just go quiet and then I would be back. The one on the 5th time it happened, I hit the CALL BACK in the error message and got this random phone number to call ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ I have no clue where that number goes to, but it was not my friend's number. We finally had to hang up because it was happening more and more often. It even happened as I was trying to search RW discussion to see if anyone else was having this issue.

Hi @lesleys.vergfj,

Welcome to our Member Community. I’m sorry you had some difficulty with a call. We’ve seen similar examples where the Google app does not release it’s “claim” on the microphone as it should and the Republic app is unable to use the microphone (which is kind of important for a phone call) when the call tries to move from cell to WiFi - something that ought to happen so seamlessly that you don’t even notice it.

Please follow the steps in this Help Article and let us know if the problem persists:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.