Calls dropping on a Pixel 3a XL

I’ve got a Pixel 3a XL. I’m on the plan with 1G data. When I try to place calls, they will drop almost immediately. The other person will answer and then in a second or two the call drops. I’ve got a CDMA SIM. It happens in my home town and in other towns where I’ve tried it. SMS/MMS seem to work fine as do voicemails. It happens on both cell and wifi, although I’ve mainly tried it on cell. Any troubleshooting tips I can try before submitting a ticket?

Hi @revmra - Please see if this helps:

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, Southpaw. I did some searching before I posted, but apparently my searching skills were insufficiently ninja-like. I will try that and report back.

1 Like

I just successfully completed a phone call for about five minutes. I’ll do some more testing, but that definitely seems to be the issue. I’ll have myself added to that bug investigation. You’re the best, southpaw.

2 Likes

Thanks for following up here! Your reply will help others know the workaround was successful. Thanks, too for making the effort to submit a ticket, even though the workaround works! If everyone affected does so, that will help our engineers understand the impact of this particular bug.

1 Like

I did some more testing yesterday. This definitely fixed my problem. Now hopefully the engineers can pinpoint a cause. This is a good interim fix, though, especially since it doesn’t affect the operation of the phone in any negative way.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer