Calls from one caller go straight to voicemail

I apologize if I am intruding inappropriately, but I am having a similar problem on my Galaxy 9+, only the message callers are receiving is “The Republic member you have called is not available”. This happens intermittently and is corrected when I restart the phone. All other functions like texting and outbound calls are not affected; just inbound calls and not every call. It happens most often with one inbound caller, our UPS delivery person. I’ve had him call when I was standing next to him and my phone was not in use. This problem started within the last two weeks.

Hi @aposiopesis,

Welcome to our Member Community!

This is our default voicemail greeting, which callers will hear if calls go to voicemail, if you have not set a personal greeting.

Have you checked to make sure your UPS delivery person’s phone number has not been blocked in the phone app’s call blocking options. You’ll also want to be sure that if this number is saved in your contacts, it hasn’t been set to go “straight to voicemail.”

Do you have any call-blocking apps on your phone?

Thank you for responding southpaw.

Yes, my UPS guy is in my contacts and sometimes the call goes through, but often it doesn’t, even when my phone is not in use. I have call blocking apps, but if his number was blocked, I would think none of his calls would go through, not just some of them. When he arrives and tells me he gets the “not available” response, if I then restart the phone and he calls, it works just fine. It’s the intermittent problem that frustrates me. I currently have my phone set to reboot daily, but it’s not the solution I’m hoping for.

You have multiple call-blocking apps on the phone?

True, if he’s consistent about how he’s calling. If he ever blocks his outbound caller ID, the results may vary.

(I’ve moved your post and the replies to their own topic, since your issue is different than the original post in this topic.)

Have you ever tried anything other than restarting the phone before having him call you again? I’m wondering if something like toggling airplane mode off and back on, or even just waking the phone would make a difference.

When this happens, are you on WiFi or cell, and what is your cellular coverage like?

southpaw -
Upon further review it appears I may not have any call blocking app. I thought Mr. Number was active, but it’s not.

On the calls that go through, his caller ID displays and he would have no reason to block any calls to me.

I’ve not tried anything other than restarting the phone. I can try toggling airplane mode if you think that might help.

This happens on WiFi because I am either at my desk or just outside the building. The WiFi signal is strong and I’ve not had a problem with cell coverage locally at all.

Just a thought, but I would try booting up in Safe Mode which would prevent loading the Mr Number code (as it would be loaded even if you had it not activated) … this would remove any concerns of 3rd party interference

Message an
Expert customer