Calls go directly to voicemail

Recently I had my landline ported to a wireless only Moto G, 3rd gen. Since that time, calls the number go directly to voicemail 95% of the time. If I want to call home, it might take 10 tries to get a ring. My carrier is Comcast. Anyone have any idea what the problem might, and how to correct it? Dialing out works perfectly.

Could be an app on your phone or a router issue. The first thing I would try is putting the phone in Safe mode (Safe Mode) and then see if you can call into it. Some app may be making the phone so sluggish that our inbound attempts timeout before the phone can get it in gear.

Hi @tomd,

Prior top porting your former landline number to your Republic phone, were incoming calls ringing normally? As a starting point I suggest a VoIP reset. Here’s how:

1. Tap the Phone icon.
  2. Tap the Dialer icon.
  3. Dial ##8647##
  4. The dialer will disappear. If an activation screen appears, wait for the process to finish, then tap GREAT THANKS!.
  5. The Republic Wireless notification icon may disappear briefly then reappear. If the icon does not reappear after one minute, Restart your phone.

I tried this with my S7, a very snappy phone, and calls still go to voice mail when I don’t have the macrodroid turned on.

Yes, but the wake-up problem hasn’t been a problem on the older phones like the OP has (afik)

In our tests, it is always timing, always. Some phones are not as snappy to wake and get Google Play Services talking. Samsung has a lot of other apps it likes to get moving first.

Perhaps the solution to this, since it impacts several makes/models, is to incorporate the essence of what macrodroid does into the Republic app. If incorporated in the legacy Republic app it would also overcome the WMM-APSD problem.

Perhaps the solution to this, since it impacts several makes/models, is to incorporate the essence of what macrodroid does into the Republic app. If incorporated in the legacy Republic app it would also overcome the WMM-APSD problem.

This would give us battery tickets and other issues. Also we sometimes are not as free to do stuff as small app developers.

I performed a factory reset on the phone, and only added the Republic app. It works perfectly now. I have it synced to a DECT 6 home wireless system and it hands off incoming calls to our homes 6 wireless phones flawlessly.

If only it were possible to use them for outbound as well it would be perfect.

Message an
Expert customer