Can I activate my Moto g 2015

I am looking to be a new Republic user…and need to know if I can activate my own Moto G 2015

Hi @moriahw.mwhffs

The Moto G (2015) must be the RW branded version (XT1548) to operate on Republic Wireless.

To check your version…

Settings>About Phone>Hardware SKU

Only if it’s a Republic Wireless version of that phone

the 2015 Moto G is the 3rd Gen of the Moto G line

Republic does not support the unlocked GSM version for 3.0 plans

only the Republic Wireless Moto G 3rd Gen with the Custom ROM will work for Republic 2.0

Republic does not support the unlocked GSM version for 3.0 plans

only the Republic Wireless Moto G 3rd Gen with the Custom ROM will work for Republic 2.0

Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones

I’d like to add that the Hardware SKU for the RW is the same XT1548 as unlocked versions I’ve seen available. You can’t go by just the model or SKU #.

Ok…let me just be sure I understand correctly.

i had bought both an unlocked Moto G 2015 from Amazon…as well as an unlocked Moto G4 from Amazon as Christmas presents for my teen boys.

I was under the impression that we could use these with Republic Wireless plans. But apparently the 2015 one won’t work after all? What about the G4? I am under a time crunch now…and sort of panicking! Please tell me my best options!

the Moto G4 is on the Approved list for Republic 3.0 GSM based service you will need a Republic BYOD SIM

https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-Starter-Prepaid-Carrier/dp/B01J63NYAO/ref=lp_12711119011_1_1?srs=12711119011&ie…

Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless

https://republicwireless.com/tools/coverage-check-gsm/

If your 2015 Moto G3 is a GSM phone, while it is not on Republic’s list, there are plenty of inexpensive pre-paid phone SIM available. Mint Wireless has a good promotion for example.

moriahw.mwhffs wrote:

But apparently the 2015 one won’t work after all?!

Unfortunately that’s true of the G3 if you purchased the unlocked version. Until fairly recently Amazon offered the RW version too.

As @drm186 said the G4 should work fine with a RW SIM card.

As a replacement for the G3 you may want to consider the Huawei Ascend | Republic Wireless which is going to be offered for $129 beginning 12-13. It will include a SIM card and up to 6 months free 3.0 1GB GSM service.