Can I buy unlock Moto G 4th Generation from Costco to replace existing Moto G first generation

R

@sengl.xm5m3f

Read this thread

If I bought an unlocked Moto at Costco, what would I need to do to activate the phone on my Republic account? TIA

*** ~~ßocephous™***

I believe it will work, but check to make sure it is a XT1625. However, you may not get the 75 dollar Costco cash card. I would check with Costco on that. Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless

Also understand that your phone plan changes to the 3.0 plan, you need to buy a SIM card from Republic or Amazon, and the new phones currently use TMobile’s network. Sprint’s network should be available by the end of the year.

Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

I bought the Costco MotoG4 yesterday because I had purchased the BYOP sim a while back. The activation and use with RW went very smoothly. Phone is a nice upgrade from my MotoX gen1 I got when I signed with with RW many moons ago.

The only trouble I had was the migration software that was supposed to transfer my data from old to new just didn’t work. It asked me if I wanted to transfer my old data when I was setting up the phone, but it kept crashing. That’s not RW’s worry. Plus Motorola dropped support for their transfer software with Android M. Aww technology.

That was a good upgrade price to move to a new phone from Costco.

$219.99 - $45 rebate = $175.44 + tax.

Happy New Year.