Can I have and use a second Republic cell phone (not a replacement) with a new number?

Sounds like a silly question, but I wanted to make sure, as it seems when shopping for a new phone there’s a focus on retaining one’s existing phone number.
In this case I don’t care, as it will be an new/alternative phone line, and getting a brand-new number will not be an issue.
So, is it as simple as buying the new phone, and it will come w/ a brand-new number unless I specify it as a replacement for my existing phone?

–thanks!

1 Like

Hi @davidh.66j1ud

Thanks for asking the Community. This is not a silly question. By asking it, you are helping other members with the same question who might not be brave enough to ask. :slight_smile:

Yes, you may have multiple phones on the same account. When you are in the Republic activation portion of starting service on this second phone, you choose “Add a new line” as opposed to “Move (your number)”. This will assign the phone a new number and it will activate on your account, with the same billing date. You will be charged a pro-rated amount to reflect the remainder of your current billing cycle.

3 Likes

For the sake of clarity; while it was once necessary to specify whether a phone is intended for use as a new line of service or a replacement for a current phone when purchasing at Republic’s online store, doing so is no longer necessary. That choice is now made after receiving the phone when activating it. For today, it would just be a matter of purchasing the phone of interest.

3 Likes

Thanks johnny5!

3 Likes

Thanks rolandh!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer