Can I keep my old plan with a replacement phone?

I have a Moto X XT1049 and its charging port went bad and will no longer charge the battery. I took it to a repair shop and they said they may not be able to repair the phone. So I would like to gather info on my options with keeping my old plan. From what I’ve found after searching around is that I may be able to get a used Moto X XT1049 and activate it on my plan or possibly get the Moto X XT1094. If I were to obtain one of these phones, could I use them with my old Repubic Wireless 1.0 plan?

I found this page: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help
And under the section: Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phones It lists phones that are compatible with my plan, but it doesn’t say anything about activating replacement phones.

Hi @jaysona,

You may activate any Republic specific legacy phone in place of your Moto X1 and retain your grandfathered plan. No legacy Republic phones remain available for purchase as new phones. Restocking is not an option as Motorola no longer manufactures these phones. You might consider purchasing a previously used legacy Republic phone. Republic offers guidance for that here: Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help.

The newest previously used legacy phone would be the Moto G3 manufactured in 2015. I’ll leave it to you to decide if acquiring a nearly four-year or older phone to retain your grandfathered plan is a worthwhile investment.

Here is another step by step resource for (re)activating a 1.0/2.0 plan phone

Thank you very much for your help!

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.