Can I keep my old Sim Card?

I am upgrading my wife’s phone from a Moto G5+ to a Moto G6.
She wants to use her same phone number with RW.
Can we just switch the old Sim Card to the new G6, or will we
have to buy a new card and activate it with RW? Thanks.

if ordering from republic best practice is to use the SIM from Republic,
If ordering from a 3rd party
this will depend on which type of SIM card is in the Moto G5+

if GSM then yes you can do this as swapping phones by swapping SIMs is a GSM feature
If CDMA you will need a BYOD SIM card Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless
note all BYOD SIMs are GSM and if you need coverage of CDMA one can open a ticket once phone is active on GSM and request a CDMA SIM (the CDMA SIM between the Moto G5+ {cSIM} is different than the one used on the Moto G6 {iSIM})
How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help

edit to add this blog on upgrade My Choice phones

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer