Can I send videos with Moto X Pure?

Hi

Every time I send a video from Moto X Pure it doesn’t show up on the other phone.

Are you taking the videos with messenger or trying to send a message that you took through the regular camera?

If the videos were not taken with messenger, they’ll be too big to send by MMS.

louisdi wrote:

Are you taking the videos with messenger or trying to send a message that you took through the regular camera?

If the videos were not taken with messenger, they’ll be too big to send by MMS.

Does this still happen? Are you required to take the video through Messenger while in a conversation in order to send it? And therefore unable to send already recorded and saved videos to recipients?

@jefferyb

Dropbox would be a good app to use sharing videos.

Dropbox - Android Apps on Google Play

*** ~~ßocephous™***

AFAIK yes. This is true on my phones on other carriers as well. Video is big. MMS is a crappy medium for transferring things. The MMS standard was just recently updated to allow 600K MMS attachments (from 300K), although some carriers allow larger, I’ve never seen over 1M limit. That’s already a compressed image, forget what that means for video.

Well I don’t know what is going on behind the scenes for us, but my wife can send all the vids she wants of the baby to her family. She takes them with her phone randomly when all the cuteness is going on and sends them later by attaching them to an MMS with her parents and they always go through. 5 seconds to 40 seconds long. She records at 1080HD, usually the vids are compressed on the other end but we are not required to take them within the messaging app? Project Fi user on Nougat with Google Messenger.