Can I still change my number with RW *after* I transfer my old number?

I’ve already activated my new RW phone with it’s assigned RW phone number. It works great so I’m about to transfer my old phone number from another carrier to RW.

However, I only need to perform this transfer as a temporary solution to a short-term problem, after which I’d like to ditch this old number permanently.

Can I still take up RW’s offer of two free RW number changes after I perform this transfer from another carrier?

Yes …

Screenshot below is taken from the Sales FAQs | Republic Wireless (love the new format … covers many key subjects)

Can I still take up RW’s offer of two free RW number changes after I perform this transfer from another carrier?

I don’t believe RW considers a transfer/port as one of the **two free **number changes as you seem to be asking.

Thanks, @williamo.vkbg0s. I figured as much but just wanted to check.

I tried searching the forums but could not find an answer to either question:

1. When I go ahead and trigger the number transfer, will my current working RW number be invalidated immediately? In other words, I’ll lose the ability to text or call from my RW phone for the duration of the entire transfer process?

2. Any chance RW internal number changes are any speedier than the oft-discussed 72 hours?

1. No. Your current number will remain working until the transfer happens.

2. Internal number changes are instant.

Thank you, @louisdi.