Can i text from PC

how do I text from a PC?

There are two ways. If you use Messages by Google, go to https://messages.google.com/web/authentication to text on your computer with Messages for web. You can also use Republic Anywhere:

3 Likes

HI @gilbertc.0p4zk3 and welcome to the Member Community. In addition to what @cbwahlstrom shared –

We text on our laptops using Messages for Web that is part of the supported Messages by Google Capture . Here’s some information from Google for using the Messages for Web.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Although you can still download and use Republic Anywhere, developers are no longer working on bug fixes or updates, so you get what you get. I recommend what was said above: Google Messages. That’s the best and easiest way.

This is definitively correct in terms of updates and/or new features and may now be true for bug fixes. For what it’s worth, there have been several bugs squashed after active development stopped.

I still like Anywhere. Messages for Web is OK but unlike Anywhere my phone must be on and connected to the Internet for it to work. With Anywhere my phone could be at the bottom of the ocean and I would still have access to text messaging on alternate devices.

4 Likes

Good point there!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer