Can I transfer my current republic number to a new republic phone?

So unfortunately my phone has been lost for a few weeks now, and I don’t think I’m going to find it. I love Republic, so I plan on sticking with them, but can I deactivate the phone I lost and keep the number on the new phone I buy?

Hi @austins.wfoxby,

Sorry to hear of the wayward phone! You may certainly move your number to a new Republic phone, however, that’s done during activation of the new phone, so please don’t deactivate your lost phone first. Doing so risks losing your number.

Upon receipt of your new phone, you’ll start the activation process. Republic offers a great walkthrough here: Activate | Republic Wireless. You will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account. To upgrade an existing line to a new phone, select “replace existing line”. You should see the phone number you want to replace listed at this step. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Detailed activation guidance here: Activate My Phone.

The replacement process moves your number from old to new phone while simultaneously deactivating the old phone. The following may be helpful:

1. Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs
  2. Republic Wireless Coverage
Message an
Expert customer