Can I upgrade and keep my plan?

So I recently received an email that I can now upgrade to a new phone while keeping my “coverage”. I am on the Republic Refund plan. Does this mean I can upgrade to one of the phones listed in the email and keep my Republic Refund plan?

And if the answer to my question above is yes, can I buy an unlocked phone from the list below and the SIM card from Republic and still stay on Republic Refund?

Here is the email I received for reference:

Hi Jesse,

Good news, coverage has been expanded to include your previous 4G LTE cellular service on select phones in our lineup. If you’ve been waiting to get one of our new phones from Samsung, LG, Huawei, or Moto, but want to keep the same coverage you currently have, here’s a full list of newly compatible phones:

• Moto G4
  • Moto G4 PLAY
  • Moto G4 PLUS
  • Moto X Pure Edition
  • Nexus 5X by LG
  • Nexus 6P by Huawei
  • Samsung Galaxy S7
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Moderator’s note: Title edited for length

Unfortunately no. I means Sprint’s coverage is available for phones purchased from Republic’s store.

Before you could only get TMobile’s coverage, then Republic went through a test period for a few customers with Sprint, and now they have opened it up to all who buy a new CDMA phone through their store.

Darn. Thanks for the clarification.

Message an
Expert customer