Can the browser on the Moto G4 be disabled?

I want to sign up for Republic Wireless for my child and get the Moto G4 phone. I want them to be able to make phone calls, text, etc. but I do not want them to be able to access the internet. Is there a way to either disable the browser or put some kind of parental controls on the browser which are password protected? Thanks.

I doubt that’s possible. I suppose you could give them a plan with no data, but that wouldn’t stop him/her from using WiFi at school, restaurants, shopping mall, etc. Republic is not in the business of offering nanny services via “parental controls” on their phones or services.

You could look in the Play Store where you’ll find myriad parental control apps: parental control - Android Apps on Google Play

There are carriers who offer this - you might take a look at PrePaid Cell Phones for Kids | Kajeet

@johnc.uccimf

1. Does Republic restrict/limit access to 3rd Party Apps (such as parental**control apps) when
    Created 2 months ago by @debrab.i4mwtj in Discussions

We are trying to put a parental control app on our daughters phone. However, we are noticing

2 0 92 wi-fi,parental_controls

1. Are there parental controls I can do on my son’s phone? Or maybe an app I can download.
    Created a month ago by @rindaw in Discussions

Are there parental controls I can do on my son’s phone? Or maybe an app I can download?

4 0 113

2 HELPFUL

1. Re: Are there parental controls I can do on my son’s phone? Or maybe an app I can download.
    Created a month ago (modified a month ago) by @rolandh in Discussions

Hi rindaw, Nothing baked in, however, many of your fellow members have mentioned Qustodio … ://play.google.com/store/search?q=parental%20control&c=apps

0 1 113

HELPFUL

1. Parental Controls for Moto X on RW
    Created 3 years ago by @ohio_buckeye in Discussions

the Moto X, and using a parental control app that they’re happy with. Most of the threads I’ve … the Moto X, and using a parental control app that they’re happy with. Any thoughts and feedback

7 0 3621 parental_control

Hope these threads help!!!

*** Bocephous***

I use Norton Family with my kids. You can disable specific apps, block internet access, allow calling/texting to only certain numbers, and more. You’ll need that sort of app in order to do what you’d like.

Message an
Expert customer