Cannot send/receive texts: new Gal S8

What phone do you have? Galaxy S8

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1gb data

Issue Description

Getting nowhere with my support ticket, so throwing myself to the mercy of the b-board. I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Exactly what is happening is this:
To most recipients, when I send a text nothing is delivered. The text shows up on my desktop Anywhere application, so it’s synching there.

When most people try to send me a text, I receive nothing. Nothing comes through on my desktop Anywhere app either.

In one instance, to one individual (on an Android phone), when I send a text he receives it. However, when he replies, I receive nothing on my phone or the desktop app.

In another instance, when I use my RingCentral application, I can send and receive texts to and from my phone, with no problems at all. These are reflected on the desktop Anywhere app as well. I’ve reset the phone and completely removed RC but that did not change the results.

In one other instance - I am receiving texts from an auto-messaging application from my former employer. I’m working on getting this shut down, but it is the only other type of text message that I’m receiving on the phone.

As far as I can tell, the above cases occur regardless of whether I’m on wifi or cellular.
Please help me - I’ve reactivated multiple times to no avail. I’ve confirmed that data freeze is off. I’ve factory rest the phone several times as well. And upon restart I can send/receive texts using the native messaging app, but the phone number is not correct. Once I activate RW service, the above texting results begin. I can reboot in safe mode to get a text thru (wrong number) as well.

I’m not sure if you’re using the Samsung text app that came with your phone, but this post suggests that it won’t work, and to use another. forums.republicwireless.com/t/anywhere-texting-app/16216
If that’s not your problem, I’m sure someone will pop in to help!

Hi @jamesb.pddrxm,

I’m sorry you haven’t had any luck in a ticket. I’m going to ask a technician to review your ticket history. I think I see the problem but I need someone smarter than I to actually fix it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using the Anywhere app. I should have mentioned, my texting worked for about four days after I activated the phone the first time, but then suddenly stopped and has not worked for more than two weeks.

Thank you. Let me know if I can provide any more details.

Thanks again for your help - as of now, my problem has been resolved! Took only 16 days to fix. :frowning:

I appreciate you stepping in to help.

I’m terribly sorry it took so long. :crying_cat_face: