Cant' call or send text on my moto g

What phone do you have?
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

There are a few steps which tend to clear most issues of this type. Please make sure to take these steps in a place where you have a good wi-fi connection.

1. Restart the phone. If this fixes it, stop.
  2. Reset Republic credentials - Open the dialer, then dial *#*#8647#*#* while on WiFi. If this fixes it, stop.
  3. Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Go to Settings then System Update then Update PRL. If this fixes it, stop.
  4. Wipe Sprint settings - open the dialer again and dial ##72786#. (You will get a scary message about things being reset, don’t worry, none of your personal information is impacted, you should say “yes”.) Please also complete the next step.
  5. Update the profile - go to Settings then System Update then Update Profile. (Again while on wifi)
  6. Restart again (If it doesn’t automatically)
2 Likes

Did not help, but now it says my phone is not configured to make calls

Were you able to get your phone up and running? Try re-doing the above steps…they are also listed in this document.

If that doesn’t help, please submit a help ticket

1 Like

If this is a new error it sounds like one of the steps didn’t complete correctly. Did you get any error messages while trying to complete the steps?

So, I redid all the steps from yesterday and the phone seems to be working as before. I have saved the emails in the event this happens again. Thank you thank you thank you for all your help. Kathy

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM, louisdinotifications@forums.republicwireless.com wrote: kathyh.8rb5ub:

but now it says my phone is not configured to make calls

If this is a new error it sounds like one of the steps didn’t complete correctly. Did you get any error messages while trying to complete the steps?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer