Can't do data freeze

So I went into the RW app to freeze my data and it gives me this pop-up I’ve never seen with it before. It says “connection request” and that “RW wants to set up a VPN connection”??? (Have no idea what that means). I can’t click ok, but I can click cancel. it’s annoying, since I want to save my data. And at the same time I have no idea what I’m agreeing to. Please fix this, and also help me understand!

Hi @jennab.u1mf3x,

Please know you’ve posted your dilemma to Republic’s Community forums where generally members (fellow customers) do their best to help other members. Therefore, we are unable to “fix” this for you, however, we may indeed be able to help you understand.

Republic uses a local VPN on the phone to implement its Data Freeze feature. The warning you see is presented by Android and if you want to use Data Freeze, you will need to tap OK to do so. What happens when you do so? Does it just not work or were you not wanting to do so without better understanding what you were being asked to do?

1 Like

I am unable to click OK…it doesn’t do anything. The pop up just stays there. I can click cancel and it closes the pop-up but that’s it. Thanks for the quick response and for answering my question. I’ll see if I can open a help ticket. But first I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it worked! I should have tried that before posting. Thanks again for your response!

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer