Can't Get to my voice mails - moto x 2nd gen

voicemail
master_ticket

A couple of days ago my usual “Recents” was displaying as normal, giving me easy access to my voice mails. However, that changed. Instead I was prompted to enter a pin number to get to my voice mails. Which I did. Yesterday whenever I received a voice mail, I again was able to access it easily WITHOUT having to put in pin numbers. However, that changed this morning when again I am directed to VOICEMAIL requiring a pin number. And I am NOT able to get into my voice mails NOW. I called VOICEMAIL, put in my pin, and nothing. Nothing but dead air space. What is going on? I’m very frustrated about this change - was the moto dialer updated? Is my phone broke? HELP!

I ran into the same thing last night when I was working with a Moto X {2nd Gen}. it took a while to get around this. Here is what I did:

1. I went into the Republic app and Set the password again. That worked normally. I still couldn’t listen to the messages.
  2. I went into the Republic app and listened to my VM outgoing message. That worked normally. I still couldn’t access my voice mail.

At this point I concluded the problem had something to do with dialing into VM with a long press on 1. I decided to VOIP my phone and went through this procedureL

Restart
Restart your phone by turning it off and then back on again.

Reset Republic Credentials
(Note: Your phone must be connected to WiFi to complete this step.)
Open the dialer, then dial ##8647##
The dialer will clear, and the Republic arc notification icon will reappear after about a minute. (If the arc notification icon does not reappear, restart your phone. The arc should then appear after your phone restarts.)
Restart the phone again.

After that the long-press on 1 got me in. The only remaining issue was getting into speaker mode once I got in o I could hear what the VM system was telling me while looking at the dialer to respond.

2 Likes

Refreshing the phone’s Republic Wireless credential with the VOIP sequence is always a great first troubleshooting step when there are voicemail issues. The process is documented here:

1 Like

Bill – what does VOIP mean?

Thanks,

Bev

It means Voice Over Internet Protocol. It is how two-way voice communications are handled when we are connected to WiFi, The procedure is benign. It will not hurt anything but it can help some things.

1 Like

A possibility perhaps is that I don’t delete voice mails, a bad habit. I’m wondering if that could be the issue.

I’ll give your suggestion a try and let you know outcome.

Thank you,

Bev

1 Like

I was dealing with my SO’s phone. Like you, she doesn’t delete her messages. It took a while to delete 69 of them and when finished the dialer screen was filled with 7s. :grin:

1 Like

I must come back to my question with my answer / remedy. I had over 150 voice mails - after deleting them everything went back to “normal.” My advice to all: Remember to DELETE those listened to voice mails!!! Don’t allow them to accumulate!

3 Likes

Hi @beverlyt.thwhfw,

Thank you for following up to let the Community know what solved this issue for you! We do have a master ticket where we are investigating other cases like yours, and we’ve observed that deleting large quantities of voicemail messages makes it possible to once again access voicemail.

Our system is supposed to allow up to 500 voicemail messages, so the fact that it is returning an error for people who do have large numbers of messages (but fewer than 500) still indicates there’s a problem that our engineers need to solve. Your fix helps restore access to voicemail, but we will continue to look into a solution that allows access when voicemail is not maxed out.

3 Likes

If there’s not a 12-step recovery program for this, there needs to be.

Same can be said for VM hoarders.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @beverlyt.thwhfw on deleting the voice mails. I’ll get to it as soon as I get a chance. I have had some issues with voice mail as well. Also moto x 2nd gen, had all (180) of my voice mails give me a new notification all at once. Then would not let me listen to voice mails. Now I can call voice mail but visual voice mail is gone…

:slight_smile: Glad I could help.

Have a safe New Year!

1 Like

I happy I was able to help in some manner.

Have a safe New Year!

Beverly

1 Like
closed #14

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer