Can't hear on a new Moto G6

I just bought a moto g6, the volume is super low, can’t turn it up any higher. Please help!!!

0 Likes

New Moto G6 Play low outgoing sound and poor outgoing speaker phone volume

Welcome to the Community @montserratc

Can we get a little more detail about your issue?

Is the volume low using the phone normally? When you’re on speakerphone?
Is this a notification volume issue?
Have you looked at ALL the volume levels in the settings (media, phone, alarm…)?
Is there a screen protector or case on the phone?

0 Likes

Yes I have looked into all the volume settings

Is there a screen protector or case on the phone?

No screen protector or case on the phone yet

0 Likes

You do not seem to have been alone in experiencing a volume issue with this model phone:

Motorola forums talk about trying trying the the phone is safe mode. I have doubt that will help but you can try. Did you get the phone from Republic?

0 Likes

Yes I just bought it yesterday. I’m thinking about exchanging it for another one if I can’t hear it’s a big problem for me.

Montse

0 Likes

That’s good to hear. You have your warranty and Republics return policy you can use.
I would start tho by opening a ticket and working with them. :relaxed:

0 Likes

Thank you for your response

Montse

1 Like

It does the same during same mode volume too low

Montse

0 Likes

Ya, I wasn’t expecting safe mode would help but thanks for trying it!:relaxed:

When you open a ticket I would let them know you were working with the Community and what you tried. They (Republic) look to have had this issue with other customers so they might be able to help you. If they can’t I’m sure they will help you either with a replacement or return.

If you do look for a different phone here is a past post that might help:
Need High Volume Ringer/Speaker

0 Likes

Thank you so much, yes I need a different one I was talking on the phone last night and all in a sudden they could barely hear me. I had to call them from my landline.

How do I go about exchanging it? Who do i contact?

Montse

0 Likes

Hi @montserratc,

You’ve described the issue a number of different ways that may not add up to be a hardware failure. Before we reach that conclusion, we’d hope to do a little more strategic troubleshooting to fully understand the issue. Otherwise, we would be setting you up to receive a replacement phone and then experience the same trouble.

Would you like to continue troubleshooting here in Community, or would you prefer to troubleshoot with our Help team in a ticket or even by phone? If you’d like to continue troubleshooting here, I’ll ask you some questions and the answers to each one will be important if we’re going to understand the issue you’re experiencing. Likewise, if you troubleshoot in a Help Ticket, it will be important to think about each question that is asked and answer all of them. The benefit of working in a Help Ticket is that our technicians can review additional details about your account that our Community Members cannot access.

0 Likes

I would like to send this one back as seems to be a problem with Moto G6

Montse

0 Likes

Hi @montserratc,

The Moto G6 is a good phone that is working well for many, many users. If you just return it and get something else, you may experience the same problem. That’s why we’d like to really understand what’s going on.

Please open a help ticket and let our help team know what you are experiencing.

0 Likes

I open a ticket yesterday and they told me to get another phone so I ordered another one this morning

Montse

0 Likes

May I have that ticket number? I’m not seeing that advice in ticket 1630846, and that’s not how we typically handle replacing defective phones.

0 Likes

It doesn’t have a ticket number it was on the community

Montse

0 Likes

We have been with republic for many years and had Motorola phones all along, we were extremely happy. This is the first time we’re disappointed at the problems with this phone and I’m not the only one that had problems with ear speaker.
I need my phone to conduct business this phone is not reliable at all for me. I have ordered Moto X4

Thank you

Montse

0 Likes

Hi @montserratc,

Even though you are receiving, and responding to, our Member Community by E-mail, the entire conversation is taking place publicly in the topic you began here:

Our Member Community is a place where our members can help one another with common questions about using their phones and some troubleshooting that doesn’t require staff intervention.

Since you’ve already ordered a new phone rather than working with staff to troubleshoot the current one, you’ll need to initiate a return of the current phone under the terms of the 14-day Money Back Guarantee. Instructions are here:

0 Likes

Ok thank you for your assistance

Montse

0 Likes

This might be a Motorola thing. I have a G5 Plus and my in-call volume has always been way too low, even when set at the highest volume level. I pretty much have to use my speakerphone all the time. I think I read on xda-developers forum there is a way to fix it, but you have to root the phone and change some setting.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer