Can't make calls or do anything when I am away from my home. Even though I was able to before

What phone do you have?
Moto G5 Plus
What plan are you on?
My Plan + 2GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Issue Description

Hello and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having!

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Reboot the phone in an area that has a strong cell signal. (Some people have simply needed to step outside and reboot.) If this fixes it, stop.

2. Please ensure the data is turned on in Android Settings. Settings > Data Usage > Cellular Data (some phones may say Mobile Data). If this fixes it, stop.

3. Reset your Republic credentials by opening the dialer as if making a call and enter *#*#8647#*#* The screen should clear, when it does, restart the phone. If this fixes it, stop.

4. This one is more complicated. This step will clear out any saved connections for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that you may have already made. We’re going to reset the network settings.
    Go to Settings > Backup and Reset > Network settings reset
    Read the warning, tap “Reset settings.” You will be warned a second time. Tap “Reset settings” to confirm. The process will usually take 5-10 seconds and the cellular signal bars icon will go away for a moment. Once the cell signal bars icon returns, you should reboot the phone.

4 Likes
  • To help in doing the excellent recovery plan that @louisdi provided, here is a bit of help, as it appears the forum software botched the reset in step 3
    • Enter *#*#8647#*#* into the dialer
2 Likes

Hi @sweetdj4u,
Were you able to ‘fix’ the problem with the info provided so far?

Message an
Expert customer