Can't make calls over WIFI only cell even when on my home WIFI network and I have data via WIFI

What phone do you have? Moto G5

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Issue Description

I ran out of data a few days ago and deleted some apps. I have zero GB of data left.
I am on a wifi network at home, as I usually am, and I have wifi data and messages but all calls are now being routed thru a cellular network. Why is this? Did I delete an app I shouldn’t have?

1 Like

Have you tried: How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help

1 Like

Hi @tanl,

Running out of data would not impact your ability to make Wi-Fi calls.

The only app you might delete that would affect your ability to make Wi-Fi calls would be the Republic app. Is it still installed?

You may be experiencing a connection issue between your phone and your Wi-Fi network. Please try shutting down the phone, the router, and the modem (if your router and modem and two separate devices.) Then reboot them in the following order:

1. Reboot the modem and wait for it to fully connect to services.
  2. Reboot the router and wait for it to fully connect to services.
  3. Reboot the phone and give it time to connect to your Wi-Fi network.

Do you now get a solid RW arc in the notifications area, and can calls now route over Wi-Fi? If not, you may want to explore the possibility that another Wi-Fi network in your vicinity is conflicting, or that there is some other new source of interference on your network.

Checking for conflicting networks can be done with the guidance of the “Router Channel” section of @jben’s Tips and Tricks topic, here:

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer