Can't purchase additional data

What phone do you have? Moto G Power

What plan are you on? My Choice +1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? DATA

Issue Description

My son’s phone is out of data. I tried to purchase additional but I keep getting a message that says Processing your previous data purchase. I’ve tried to open a help ticket and it fails when I try to submit. We’re in vacation and pretty desperate to get his phone working.

It also tells me I have reached the maximum amount of data available for the month. I’ve purchased extra data in the past but did the rules change?

@julietbowers The community won’t be able to solve this for you. If you can’t open a ticket through the app send an email to help@republicwireless.com to reach the team that can assist.

1 Like

There is a limit of 15GB per billing period.

I’ve used less than 2GB over 3 phones this billing period.

Okay, I just saw you mention a limit and was explaining what limit exists. Were you able to open a Help Ticket in our Help Center or by sending an e-mail as @louisdi suggested?

1 Like

Did you recently get a new credit card? I did but forgot to update my method of payment, and couldn’t add anymore data.
Once I updated my method of payment, no issues adding more data.

1 Like

Thanks, I checked that and my card is correct.

Did you open the ticket by email?

I sent an email and have heard back that it’s a problem on Republic’s end though they have no idea what the problem is. It only affects one phone out of three and they are not able to add data from their end either. So we just have to wait for them to identify and fix the problem. Super bad timing since we are on the road.

I’m sorry to hear that it’s not a quick fix.

I don’t know if it helps, but you could set your phone as a hotspot and let him connect, then add data as needed on your line. That would at least work if you’re together.

2 Likes

Thank you for this excellent idea.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer