Can't send multimedia (photos) via messaging

Phone Brand: Moto G
Phone Model: G
Phone Generation:<5.1>
Plan: text and call $10/month
Plan Option: <What plan option, WiFi Only, Talk & Text, with or without Cell Data. The information is provided under your phone number in the RW app.>

##Issue Description: I am trying to send photos via messaging, but it keeps saying cannot send multimedia message due to unsent multimedia message but I have none that are being sent, so how do I fix this? Thanks Alex

<Please describe your issue as best you can. Tell us what you are trying to do, what you expect to happen and what is happening. Tell us if it has ever worked before and what you have tried so far to fix it.>

What messaging app are you using? There is the possibility of a MMS message that didn’t send properly. Is the battery draining faster than usual?

You may want to use the latest Android Messages App … this has replaced the older Google App

“Messaging” the green icon- I think that came with the phone?
Alexandra

Yes that’s the original and it has been replaced by the Android Messages App (Blue circle with White bubble message) … Made available in Feb this year

so how do I make the switch without losing my message conversations?

Just add the new app, and then move it to where you normally have, it may ask if you want to use it initially, but it picks up all the old messages (just did it a few mins ago on a friends phone that was visiting, no problems encountered, and I have done it on multiple of my phones)

Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate, it, just made the switch and it works :slight_smile: So do I need to delete the old messaging app?
Thanks Alexandra

Just leave the old app alone it won’t hurt anything not being used.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.