Can't send/receive a text without wifi

I have a Moto G7 Play - about 6 months old

My Choice: Talk and text - no data

I understood that when I was without wifi, my talk and text service would switch to using cell service. I have never had a problem making a call, but I can’t send/receive texts unless I am connected to wifi. Is there a setting I need to change?

Issue Description

The most common issue is that cellular data is turned off on the phone. Please ensure the data is turned on in Android Settings. Settings > Data Usage > Cellular Data (some phones may say Mobile Data).

If that doesn’t fix it, reset your Republic credentials by opening the dialer as if making a call and enter *#*#8647#*#* (if on a Samsung phone hit the dial button). The screen should clear, when it does, restart the phone.

1 Like

Hi @raeh - here’s a link to How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help that @louisdi described. The web site software changed the dial sequence special characters that got displayed in original post.

Note: louisd edited the original post and corrected the sequence displayed. I’ll leave this post for those who want the link to the “How To” article.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think it’s working

1 Like

Thanks, I think it’s working

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer