Can't text pictures

**What phone do you have? ** MotoG5 Plus

What plan are you on? My Choice Talk & Text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Just talk and text, but I buy 1 GB of data as needed

Issue Description

Almost every time I try to text a picture, they don’t receive it. It doesn’t matter if I send 1 or 2, if I’m at home with Wifi, or away with data. Every now and then it goes through, but most of the time it does not. It’s been happening for at least 6 months.

Hi @nancym.othkem

Are you using the camera icon that you see in the texting app to take the picture? If not, please try that and see if that works for you.

If this is how you are trying to send pictures and it’s not working, which texting app are you using?

3 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but I have no idea what texting app I have. When I got my phone, I just downloaded the republic app and everything was there. When taking a picture, I push the camera icon on my home screen. There is no camera icon when I go into text someone. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

Make sure you have MMS enabled. you can check that by opening the messenger and then there will be 3 dots upper right hand corner click those and click settings. Make sure MMS is enabled to send photos. You should be able to take a picture with your camera and then click what looks like a little camera on the message screen by where you type to your friend and then choose the picture and hit send.

There are two supported texting apps, You can see their icons at the following links:

Messages by Google

Republic Anywhere

Does the icon you re using to text look like either one of those?

Thanks for sending the links! Yes, I have the first one.

1 Like

When you open the app and are texting someone, touch the icon to the left of the text entry box. It looks like a small camera in front of a mountain.

Please let us know if that starts the camera for you.

MMS is enabled and I have the icon to the left of the text entry box. There’s no problem with the camera, it’s texting the picture. Sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn’t. However, I’ve never tried to send it from the icon within the texting app, (I go to the photos and share) but I will give that a try. Thanks!

1 Like

make sure the person you are sending to has their phone set to receive them. it could be an issue on the receivers end as well.

It’s multiple people so I’m certain it’s on my end. I’ll see if this works. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

if their messenger or yours is attached to Facebook, that can also create issues on both ends.attaching sms to Facebook has created problems for a lot of people I know… I have always saved my pictures from my camera and then sent them from my device instead of straight from the camera. if you try doing that it might work better for you.

my daughter and i both have gotten error messages if we try to send one and then close messenger before it goes the whole way through. We just retap and it then send it again. Is it possible you were sending one and the messenger was closed before it went through?

Message an
Expert customer