Can't transfer number to new phone

What phone do you have? Moto G

What plan are you on? basic

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? talk and text

Issue Description

Can’t transfer number from the moto G to an Alcatel A30 … shows that the number cant be transfered but phone is RW.

Hi @krish.t5tqok,

If it’s Republic’s number check tool advising your number cannot be transferred, please know that tool is intended to advise as to whether a number currently with another service provider will transfer to Republic or not. It would tell you your number won’t transfer because it’s already at Republic.

Moving your Republic number from old to new phone is done when activating the new phone. To help us best help you, may we know the generation of the Moto G in question?

1 Like

Im just wanting to switch to another Rw phone (moto G1 to a Alcatel A30)

Hi @krish.t5tqok,

You need to start by powering up the Alcatel, following on screen prompts for initial phone setup, then start Republic’s activation sequence by downloading and installing Republic’s 3.0 app. Republic offers a great walkthrough here: https://republicwireless.com/activate. Some additional activation guidance here: Activate Your Phone – Republic Help. You will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account (use the email and password associated with the Republic account housing your G1) and you will be presented with the opportunity to move your current number from old to new phone. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Your old phone will be simultaneously deactivated.

Please know your new phone means a plan change. I’m afraid keeping your grandfathered plan with a new Republic phone isn’t possible. Republic’s new phones require use of Republic’s My Choice plan: https://republicwireless.com/cell-phone-plans. In Republic’s words:

“Republic Wireless My Choice is an entirely new offer and has tons of new features like wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) experience. With these features, we’ve also made changes to price points.” Republic hopes you’ll find the value proposition to be appealing.

1 Like

Is there a reset button on the A30?

Not per se. What is it you wish to reset? Are you asking about a factory reset?

1 Like

Yes factory reset- I had bought the phone for one of our church members but she didn’t want it after all. Was starting to transfer her # to the phone but was having trouble .

Hi @krish.t5tqok,

Please see Republic’s guidance here: How to Perform a Factory Reset on an Alcatel A30 via the Settings Menu – Republic Help.

1 Like

Ok figured it out. think things are trasnfering over?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer