Cdma asked for. Got a gsm

Good and bad response.

I know this is a first world problem but here goes. This past Monday I decided to get a new phone and move to the 3.0 plan. I have been waiting because I wanted the cdma service to be up for awhile to hopefully avoid startup problems. Gsm coverage where I live and some places I visit is very poor. As I was researching phones opportunities for chat popped up immediately. Chatting with … I asked how I could be sure to get a cdma version of the phone requested? His answer was if you currently have cdma service that is the phone you will receive. Sounds good to me and I ordered a Moto g5 plus. Wednesday evening I had my new phone and got it up and going. I noticed that I had only 1 or 2 bars of cell service but didn’t think too much about it at the time. This (Friday) morning I had some time and found I had no cell service. I opened a service ticket and was handed off to Louis D. He quickly helped me determine I had, as I suspected, a gsm phone. Still no response from Help over 7 hours later. Sales chat = immediate.

Help = crickets. BTW I’m a member since 2012 and this is the first help I’ve asked for so it’s not like I’m a chronic complainer. I need a cdma version of my phone.

1 Like

Can you please post your ticket number, so that we can request Support to take a look at your ticket?

1 Like

1 Like

I am requesting help to take a look at your ticket, you should have a response from them soon.

1 Like

Hi @ozarkjim,

I apologize for the wait. I’ve just studied your ticket and it appears there is some sort of glitch going on between the interface that allows our Experts to help members, and our actual ticking system, preventing the ticket from correctly populating in our ticketing queues.

We’re breaking protocol and responding. One of our technicians is reviewing your situation and composing a reply right now. Thank you for bringing the silent ticket to our attention.

Unfortunately the answer you were given in sales chat was not exactly correct for every situation, but we should have no trouble getting this straightened out.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to assist.

1 Like

I got my new SIM card today and everything is good. Thanks for the help.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer