CDMA coverage

Hello all, I am hoping to gain some information about 3.0 sim cards; my nexus 6p on project fi died so I ordered a galaxy s7 edge from Amazon and a sim card from RW. I had tried RW on the nexus the same week BYOP was introduced. It didn’t work. At all. I was surprised because my other RW phones (1 and 2.0) worked perfectly. I have done research since then and it looks like the problem was GSM vs CDMA. So… My question is, when my phone and sim card arrive this week, if the set- up doesn’t work can I open a help ticket and RW send me a different sim card? FYI I live in a CDMA area according to the coverage map.

andrewt.gm2x9f wrote:

My question is, when my phone and sim card arrive this week, if the set- up doesn’t work can I open a help ticket and RW send me a different sim card?

You can ask them in a Republic Help request. They may say no. The SIM card you purchased is going to be GSM. They try to warn you ahead of time during Coverage Check | Republic Wireless if you do not have adequate coverage for “Bring your own phone”.

Thank you.

Message an
Expert customer