Cell access stopped working. WIFI only starting new billing period. Samsung Galaxy S8

What phone do you have? Galaxy S8

What plan are you on? 1 GB data plan and unlimited calling

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data talk and text

Issue Description

Starting at the beginning of the new month, the phone stopped working on the cellular network. It still works on WIFI, but there is no data or phone coverage on the cellular network. The cellular network icon does appear, but it is grey and not blue as it normally is when it is functional. We have any ideas? This seems to be affecting all 4 phones on our plan.

Hi @scottv.earmuf and welcome to the Member Community.

Because this is happening on all four phones on the account I would suggest you login to the account portal and make sure there is no outstanding payment due. This is something you will have to do because none of the Members has access to your account.

A simple starting point.

And here’s a document about How to Pay an Overdue Balance – Republic Help if that’s the case.

1 Like

Hi @scottv.earmuf,

I believe what you are describing is something that will require staff assistance. Would you be able to open a Help Ticket so our technicians can look into this?

Hello, Feeling kind of stupid, but power cycling the phones appears to have resolved the issue.

1 Like

No need to feel stupid, you actually provided a Public Service Announcement :slight_smile:

• I wouldn’t be able to count the number of times during the 45 years I was active in the computer world that was forgotten
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer