Cell and Extend Home can't call each other

I have just replaced my old Panasonic Cordless Phone Set with a new Panasonic Cordless Phone Set. The dis-association and re-association went through without a hitch. I can make and receive calls on the new EH Panasonic.

However, when I try to call from cell to home or vice-versa, the call goes directly to Voicemail, asking for my password. How can I make these calls go through to the other phone(s)?

Hi @Voyager,

The first thing I would try is to unplug and re-plug the EH. Give it 5 minutes to get itself ready and try another call.

Please let us know if that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The information provided is 1 of 3 main ways outlined in Extend Home Troubleshooting and Error Codes – Republic Help … they highlight 'If a step includes wait-time, it’s important to wait the entire time listed .

2 Likes

Thank goodness, that worked! Since I had just done that when re-associating, it didn’t occur to me to do it again.

2 Likes

For future reference and for others reading, it’s not necessary to disassociate then reassociate when changing handsets plugged into the adapter. The association is between the adapter and Republic’s servers. The handsets plugged into the adapter are irrelevant in terms of that association.

4 Likes

Good to know!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer