Cell calls stopped working when new plan rolled out

calling

Moto X Pure
My Choice + 1GB
1GB of data

On Tuesday, 12/12, I lost connectivity to basic cell service except for LTE data. I cannot make or receive phone calls unless I’m on WiFi. When people try to call me (when I’m not on WiFi) they receive this message: “The person you are trying to reach cannot accept calls at this time.” When I try to place a call (when I’m not on WiFi), I get dead air for about 15 seconds, then a beep, then the call attempt disconnects – no error messages.

Thursday evening I spent about an hour on a chat with a RW representative who had me go through a number of troubleshooting steps, including an activation refresh. Nothing worked. The rep opened a ticket.

Someone from the technical support team contacted me yesterday afternoon and also suggested I try an activation refresh. (Maybe the second time is supposed to be the charm?) Again it didn’t work. I responded with the requested information, but have heard nothing since.

I understand the support team is busy and probably overwhelmed, but I need to travel in a few days and would really love if I had a phone that would make calls when I’m on the road.

This all happened on the same day as the new plan roll-out for me. When I open up the RW app, the opening screen says I have the “Clear Choice Plan + 0.0GB Cell Data.” (Wrong plan, wrong data amount.) Could that be affecting my service? (I have included this in my notes to the technical support team, but they haven’t addressed it.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hi @LeahDee,

I’ll review your ticket now to see what more we could be doing. I apologize that you’ve had this extended wait to get your basic services restored.

Hi @LeahDee,

I’ve reviewed your ticket and see that some additional action has been taken on your account (on our end) .

At this time, would you please take the following steps:

1. Make sure the phone is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Reboot the phone.

If the issue is not resolved, the next step would be to refresh the Republic Wireless credentials. This step may not be needed, if everything is working, and it may be something you’ve already done, but in this case might be necessitated by the change we’ve now made on our end.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I’ll follow up in your ticket as well.

Thanks so much for following up, and so quickly! Whatever they did seemed to do the trick. I’m very appreciative!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.