Cell Coverage when WIFI not available

My understanding is that when WIFI is not available, my phone will access cell coverage that will enable me to make calls or send text messages. I was in Ocean Park, WA recently and had no WIFI and our phone would not let us make calls or text messages. We have a Moto X 2nd gen and Moto G 3rd Gen phones. Any idea why we were not able to call or send text messages?

Hi @joes.msov5w,

Cellular coverage for the Moto X2 and Moto G3 in and around Ocean Park is for the most part roaming (using cellular towers belonging to someone other than Republic’s network partner). Roaming coverage is always a best faith effort with no guarantees.

That said, it’s possible updating your phones’ PRL (preferred roaming list) will resolve the issue. Here’s how: Update the PRL – Republic Help. Unfortunately, there’s no way to tell for certain until and unless you’re back in Ocean Park.

Is there any cost associated with roaming or updating the PRL as recommended?.. Joe

No, there is not

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer