Cell data question

Moto E4; 1 gig plan. I have nocell data available when phone does not show 4GLTE. Is this correct? Phone is GSM sim. TMobile states 4G is not in our area; Republic says “We’ve got you covered”.
Thank You, Potter

Hi @potters.4rsmut,

You’ve posted in Republic’s Community forums where members (other customers) do their best to help other members. The first step would be a deeper dive on coverage in your area. For that, the Community would need a zip code (nothing more specific please). It would also help us to better help you if you were to dial *#*#786#*#* on your E4. One of two things will happen:

1. The screen will clear.
  2. You’ll be presented with a “SprintDM” menu.

May we know which, please?

Thanks; 04843 is zip; screen cleared…TMobile. I checked with them yesterday. They say,“No 4GLTE in Camden Maine” However Republic lists it “Good to go” Potter

from the T-Mobile Map there looks to be only T-mobile 600-Mhz which of Republic phones I believe only the Samsung S9 family supports
https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-roamd-34l

It also looks like Sprint would be Roaming for Republic (no data) (extended coveraqe is roaming for Republic)
https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

You’re most welcome! Republic’s opinion notwithstanding, T-Mobile’s coverage in Camden is largely roaming. Translated this means you’ll have talk and text but no cell data. Your E4 is capable of being provisioned for coverage with Republic’s CDMA network partner (Sprint), however, Sprint’s coverage appears to be largely roaming as well. It you’d like to give that a shot (nothing to lose), the how to from Republic is here: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help.

Candidly, given the coverage realities for Republic’s partners in Camden, Republic may not be the best choice for you. I don’t say that lightly. Please know your E4 is North American factory unlocked and may be activated on the network of any service provider willing to do so. In the event you wish to investigate alternative service providers, you’ll likely be able to take your E4 with you.

3 Likes

This has to be overcomplicated; I am an old, 81, ET. What has 600 megahertz to do with this? I s this an old obsolete frequency? Wouldn’t that be referenced on Republic s “coverage check”?
Thanks, Potter

The 600 MHz is T-MOBILE’s newest band to help cover outlining areas and not phones don’t support it hardware wise, as of now only the newest Samsung’s S9 and S9 plus support this frequency for Republic [and in my opinion Republic shouldn’t say we have you covered in that area]

Thanks again

Hi @potters.4rsmut,

i’m sorry to read that data coverage does not appear to be usable in your situation. As silly as this sounds, have you tried rebooting the phone when you are in an area of good cellular coverage? Sometimes we see a partial activation that can complete with a reboot once the phone has access to a strong cellular signal.

I’ll ask our team responsible for the coverage maps to review your Zip code. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Are you still within our 14-day return period?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer