Cell tower map

Found a fcc tower map here,

http://m.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?filter_sprint=1&city=akron+&state_abr=oh

If I zoom out my city to suburbs, I see interesting things. ATT wins with 40 towers. Interestingly, Verizon and Sprint both have only 20 towers each. TMobile has 10 towers, lacking a single tower in the rich quadrant of my town. Apparently, given up the affluent area to Verizon. Yet tmobile looks strong in the University and poorest part of town.

Roaming would be needed, according to the map, servicing in the affluent area, the only people that can afford services.

I trust opensignal more than tmobile map. However many users put booster antennas on rooftops, which messes with the data of on the map.

I assume roaming is hit or miss. Is wifo calling and handoff to real voice calling, as good as on sprint plus rw hacked ROM phones? Tell me they haven’t gone to voip calling over 4g or 3g.

I assume roaming is hit or miss. Is wifo calling and handoff to real voice calling, as good as on sprint plus rw hacked ROM phones? Tell me they haven’t gone to voip calling over 4g or 3g.
Roaming on any network is always best effort with no guarantees. I live in an area with good native coverage for both of Republic’s cellular partners and have a 3.0 phone on both (one each) of those partner networks. My experience is handoff works equally well on either.

Regarding VoIP calling. That’s the future my friend for everyone. VoLTE is VoIP over LTE data. Eventually, there will be no more circuit switched cellular network. In the here and now, Republic’s technology still switches to the circuit switched network quite well for me.

Message an
Expert customer