Cellular Network Not Available for Voice Calls Message

What phone do you have? Moto E4
What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1GB Data

Issue Description

We purchased 2 Moto E4 phones at the same time and both are having the same problem. The phones always work when connected to WIFI. When not connected to WIFI, they work occasionally, but most often not. A “Cellular Network Not Available for Voice Calls” message appears and data, calls, and text will not work.
I’ve tried reactivating it and checked for system updates.

Walk outside and see if you can get a few bars, at least 3 or 4, then turn the phone off and then back on. That might help. From the sound of it the phone might not have ever fully activated to a tower. Our GSM provider requires that that usually happens indoors while activating but sometimes the signal is not strong enough inside.

I’ve turned it off and on in different locations (in my town and the next town over) several times.

Are you getting bars of service when you do it? If not then the GSM carrier probably is not for you and you should contact support to see about moving to our CDMA provider.

Yes, I do get bars. Sometimes I can actually even make calls, but then it randomly stops working again.

Hi @donnas.ju599y,

Please open a support ticket by signing in at: Tickets | Republic Wireless and provide all the information as described in this help article:

If you’re unable to open a support ticket, please let me know, and I will open one for you late tonight.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.