"cellular network not available for voice calls" moto e4

incomplete

What phone do you have? Moto E4 (16GB) (Fine Gold)

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? yes, data and calls

Issue Description

I cannot make calls or send text, nor receive. I get error message, “cellular network not available for voice calls”.
The problem was just when not connected to wifi. I had no access to cellular service, but the phone was able to text and call through wifi. This is my daughter’s phone so I don’t know exactly how long she was without cellular service. My wife has a Moto G on Republic that does get cellular service, so I know that we are getting cell waves here.
Tonight, I tried doing things on the forum including doing the update by dialing " *##8647##***", which led me to install the republic “Anywhere” app. Now the phone makes no calls or texts even while connected to wifi. Does not receive calls either. Call goes right to voicemail. Because the “anywhere” app seemed to make the problem worse, I uninstalled it. No help.
The phone does browse on chrome while connected to wifi.

Have you done all the System Updates? There may be several.
Is the R.W. app up to date?

The steps to refresh the activation are here: be sure to reboot the phone after ward.

Also, the Moto E4 uses a different partner carrier than the older Moto G phones do.
Did they have full cell coverage with the E4 before with no issues?

Hi @bipdbo,

Here are some very specific instructions for the Moto E4, please let us know if they help: