Cellular network State

What phone do you have?
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

I just got the Moto g5 plus with my choice + 1GB, activated phone , everything was good then next day phone will not work , keeps disconnecting from service, doesn’t work anywhere near my home and still has problems even connected to wifi. I have reset network settings, rebooted the phone, Ive tried everything I’ve found on community forms and nothing works

It’s possible the network your phone is on isn’t great in your area. Let’s try to figure this out. Can you share your ZIP code and please try this on your phone:

1. Launch the dialer as if you were going to make a call.
  2. Tap the numeric keypad icon.
  3. Dial *#*#786#*#*

What does your phone do? Does the screen just clear or do you get a SprintDM screen?

27525 and when I dial it screen just clears

also I’ve had a few phones through rw and never had this problem

If they were other than the newer generation of 3.0 phones they were on Sprint … which based on the results, you are not … so you’re on T-Mobile the GSM carrier

Looking at the coverage there, and taking in to account your previous experience, I suggest you open a ticket and request that support evaluate moving your phone to Sprint as the underlying carrier. This will make your phone have the same coverage as your previous phones on which it sounds like you have a much better experience.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.