Change my phone number and phone to Republic Wireless

Hi,

I have a Nexus 5X with a different carrier that I’d like to start using with republic wireless. Can I use this phone with Republic and how would I activate it. I’d also like to bring my phone number from other carrier to republic.

Regards,

Cesar

Hi @cesarf.dtbzss!

Welcome to the community!

You can bring your Nexus 5x if it the model LG-H790 and is running stock firmware (not a custom ROM). You can check this by downloading the Republic App. It will tell you if it is compatible or not. You can see this link for more information: Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless. If it is compatible, you will have to buy a SIM card from Republic or Amazon in order to activate it. You will also need to download the Republic App if you didn’t download it or deleted it. To see if you can port your number to Republic, check here: Number Transfer | Republic Wireless. You will need all your account information in order to initiate a successful port. See this document for further details and a guide: Number Transfers. Hope that helps!

mb2x

Hi @cesarf.dtbzss,

I have a Nexus 5X with a different carrier that I’d like to start using with republic wireless. Can I use this phone with Republic and how would I activate it.

As long as the Nexus 5X is model LG-H790 (the North American version), you can bring it to Republic Wireless. BYOP uses Republic’s GSM partner (T-mobile) so please make sure you have good coverage. If you get a message “Bring your own phone is not supported for your location,” this means the GSM coverage is not good for your area.

Coverage Check | Republic Wireless

If coverage is good, you will need to order a SIM card at Republic Wireless Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless or Amazon Amazon.com: Republic Wireless SIM Starter Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

Here are instructions for how to activate: Activate | Republic Wireless

I’d also like to bring my phone number from other carrier to republic

Check and see if your number can be transferred Number Transfer | Republic Wireless

Here are detailed instructions: Number Transfers

Message an
Expert customer