Charging problems

Hi. My phone is a ZTE Blade Spark Z971 and it’s been giving me battery issues. When I plug it in it charges but only for a while then it suddenly stops. I’ve looked for help on videos but they only help phones with removable batteries mine is built-in so I don’t know what to do. They say I should clean the USB port and I do but that doesn’t really help for long term. My phone also makes a tone when I plug or unplug the charger and when it stops charging if I turn off the socket it won’t make that sound but if I unplug the cable from the phone that’s when it recognizes that it’s removed. I’m really stuck here please help me. Also, its started charging abit slower than it used to.

Hi @joy28 and welcome to the Community!

You’ve posted your question to the online community forum of Republic Wireless, a U.S. based mobile phone service provider. Republic doesn’t support ZTE’s Blade Spark Z971 on its network, so I’m afraid our ability to meaningfully help is limited due to lack of familiarity with the phone.

Cleaning out the USB socket with can of compressed air is a decent start. The other obvious “fix” would be trying a different charging cable and/or wall outlet. If that doesn’t help, I would suggest reaching out to your mobile service provider or ZTE directly. ZTE’s contact information is linked here: https://www.zteusa.com/support_page.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer