Cheapest Internet

IM disabled veteran, so money is tight, but probably the same for most people. So , I was wanting to kick my cable company to the curve, I NEVER watch tv. But if i drop my cable the bill is still just as high, no real difference in the bill since it will not be bundled any longer. So what options do i have for internet providers , and what speed do I need to use my phone and occasionally my laptop. For a reasonable price? If it matters I have a Samsung edge phone, and i enjoy watching videos on my laptop thru You Tube.

Hi @roberth.3s27u6!

First off, thank you for your service! I am sure you do not get thanked enough!

Second, it would be helpful to know what general area you live in (a zip-code or city) so we can see what options are available in your area. Thanks!

mb2x

If you have a low income, have you asked your local Internet providers for a low income service plan?

CenturyLink | Internet - High Speed Internet Basics

AT&T Lifeline - Low-Income Phone Service

internetessentials.com

Discount Programs | Frontier.com

I live in illinois , 60914, and thanx for your help

I am not sure how much you are looking to pay, but AT&T has a deal for $30 a month for 300gb for 12 months @6Mbs. It’s not insanely fast, but it should be good enough to stream YouTube at 1080p. Hope that helps!

mb2x

@mb2x

That plan with Att can be upgraded to 24Mbs for $50. There is the SNAP program:

Access from AT&T - Discount Internet Access for really cheap internet like 10Mbps @$10 a month.

Service availability and speed may vary by address. AT&T will assign you the **fastest *of these speed tiers available where you live:

• 10 megabits per second, for $10 per month**

• 5 megabits** **per second, for $10 per month

• 3 megabits per second, for** **$5 per month

• 1.5 megabits per second, for $5 per month

• 768 kilobits per second, for $5 per month

If none of the above speeds are technically available at your address, unfortunately you won’t be able to participate in the Access program from AT&T at this time.

*** ~~ßocephous™ ***

@bocephous didn’t see the 24mbs plan. Thanks!

I’m in/was a similar situation a few years ago. Purchased an antennae to receive local DVTV for the TV and have DSL sans land line phone for my ISP. If you want more entertainment options you’ll likely need to pay more bucks.

Message an
Expert customer