Checklist - Phone Info E/G/X CDMA devices not on 'My Choice' 3.0

I have modified this post and it now just includes the Settings for the original phones supported by Republic Wireless
The information to provide help with WiFi problems is contained in Router Tweaks - Keep WiFi 1st - a Community Guide

phone-icons-E-G-X.png

PHONE (Moto E~G~X - Required settings)

Lollipop devices

To find Settings … a 2 finger swipe down from the top (or 2 - 1 finger swipes), then Tap Settings (Gear)

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Data usage … ensure you’re set as follows

• Cellular data - ON (Green) Then Tap Menu (3 dots | top right)

• Ensure ‘Restrict background data’ is displayed (This will say Allow background data if you have previously restricted it (always will say the opposite of the setting as it is a toggle switch)
    Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu (3 dots | top right) -> Advanced … ensure you’re set as follows

• Keep Wi-Fi on during sleepAlways

To find Battery Saver … a 2 finger swipe down from the top (or 2 - 1 finger swipes)

• Tap Battery-> Menu (3 dots | top right)
    check Battery Saver = OFF and Never are recommended
    • On will be indicated by the slide selector and red bars top and bottom, you can set 5%, 15% or Never
    • When set to On, at the level set it will kill MQTT and you will loose MMS in/out and have no Visual Voicemail (unless on WiFi) and may experience call set-up problems

Republic Wireless App -> Settings** (Gear top right) -> Cell data settings*

• Ensure Roaming Data is Disabled and NOT Checked (unless you desire to use roaming data at a 18.3 cost uplift)
  • Additional restriction can be caused by: No internet connection with cell

Preferred Roaming List

• This only applies to CDMA phones … due to the increasing number of phones/manufactures that Republic now supports the weekly check and update of this information will no longer be made available
  • Users are urged to update their PRL if they are going to be traveling or if the area of service is covered by the Carriers Roaming Partners

Moto E (1st Gen XT1019)
Moto E2 (2nd Gen XT1526)
Moto G1 (1st Gen XT1031)
Moto G3 (3rd Gen XT1548)
Moto X1 & X2 - (1st Gen XT1049 ) (2nd Gen XT1094 )

PHONE (Defy - Required settings)

To access Settings … Press Menu icon_menu.png

Settings ->** Wireless & networks** -> Mobile networks … ensure you’re set as follows

• Data enabled - Checked (green)

• Data roaming - Checked (green) (ignore the warning about roaming charges, it doesn’t apply to RW users)

• Network Mode - set to EvDo auto

• System select - set to Automatic
    Settings -> About phone -> Build numbercheck level of system (1_65K_1027)

• If NOT at 1_65K1027… then update_* __via: Settings -> About phone ->** Phone Updates** ->System Updates
    Settings -> About phone -> Status … check PRL version (Preferred Roaming List)

Settings ->** Wireless & networks** -> WiFi Settings -> Menu icon_menu.png -> Advanced ->

• WiFi sleep Policy -> Never
    Battery mode … Set to Performance mode else it will often drop the WiFi connection to ‘save’ battery

• Press Home icon_home2.png ->Tap All Apps icon_apps.png ->Tap Battery Manager Screen+Shot+2012-08-07+at+4.24.07+PM.png ->Tap Battery Mode -> Select Performance Mode’

• 10 Digit dialing or Texting … Always use 10 Digits, not 7/11 (as results will vary) edit stored numbers as necessary

Other checks

• Voice Mail access … The number has been changed, and you call yourself (updating Profile will cause this …Profile is normally not updated except on direction from Support)
    • Settings -> Call Settings -> Voicemail Settings -** Set number to *■■■■****(changed 11/20/2014)
  • Lack of Memory … many problems can be exacerbated by low memory (with/with out any warning).
    • Check DEFY XT: How to increase space for apps and avoid the “low memory” warning

E/G/X Settings for devices still on KitKat

KitKat devices

1 finger Slide down from the top and Tap Quick Launch quickset2.jpg then Tap Settings Settings.jpg

Settings ->Wireless & Networks -> Data usage … ensure you’re set as follows

• Mobile data - ON
    Tap Menu (3 dots | top right)
  • Ensure Data roaming is **NOT **Checked (unless you desire to use roaming data at a 18.3 cost uplift)
  • Ensure ‘Restrict background data’ is NOT checked
    Settings ->** Wi-Fi** -> Menu (3 dots | bottom right) -> Advanced … ensure you’re set as follows
  • Keep Wi-Fi on during sleepAlways
  • Avoid poor connectionsUnchecked
  • Wi-Fi optimizationUnchecked
    Battery Saver … Slide 2 finger down from top to access the Quick Launch panel
  • *Tap Battery > Battery Saver = **OFF … *this is not applicable on Moto X (2nd Gen)
    • When set to On at 15% it will kill MQTT and you will loose MMS in/out and have no Visual Voicemail (unless on WiFi) and may experience call set-up problems

***Note: ***If additions or discrepancy’s are noted, please use the Comment section (below) for feedback

• Ask for help in Question & Answers - select the bottom right on the page and start a ‘New Topic’

Router ports needed for Wi-Fi calling
VOIP Problem with new router
Apps needed turned on for cell data?
Can't receive phone calls
My Apps are not getting internet connection
I can't get my newly bought data to activate

Ben,

Thank you for sharing and helping us manage and maintain our phones.

Just updated DefyXT PRL --> 40492

R/Mike

Hi jben,

Please add the following support link for Arris Wi-Fi routers:

Support | ARRIS

–Doug

Done … thanks for the input

@jben when was the Republic Telephony app updated ? mine still says 2.1.2.2246 no update listed in google play

As stated RW Telephony was updated on 3/25/16, checked my records against the Republic release notes and a couple phones (because the Telephony app is special ‘headless’ type and does not show install date within the system)

• You might try ‘Uninstall’ … from the Google Play, for me this gave the opportunity to Update
    Community Ambassador Ben ~ a Community member - not an employee of Republic

Still list 2.1.2.2246 updated on 3/29/2016 and not 2.1.3.2267 listed above (and in my screen cap)

this is after an uninstall reboot reenstall

Sorry … I just post what I see and can confirm, you might try the following … then open a Ticket

1. Tap Apps.
  2. Tap Play Store.
  3. Tap the Menu icon (three stacked horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
  4. Tap My apps & games.
  5. Tap UPDATE ALL.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please go to our Help Update: Unable to Update Republic Wireless App

Community Ambassador Ben ~ a Community member - not an employee of Republic

I did recently did MSL reset to get roaming back

all apps are up to date including the Republic wireless one

My Telephony as a lower number but a newer date

just updated muy deactivated 1st Gen and it shows the same version

I also have the same telephony app on my phone.

just got off from Republic chat and here the script

JakobCSR
Good

JakobHi Doug, thanks for chatting with us today!

let me find out for you the correct versions.

Dougthanks

Jakob2.1.3.2269 is the current version

please update via the good play app

google play*

the telphony app is current on 2.1.2.2246

however you republic app is 2.1.3.2269

Dougok the telephony is what I was asking

thanks Read

Jakobim sorry about the confusion on my end i was planning on just making sure of both.

so telephone is only at 2.1.2.2246

Hi @drm186,

The Republic Wireless Release Notes are up to date. The RW Telephony app has not yet been updated beyond the 2.1.2.2246 level.

@jben, As an Ambassador who has opted into the opportunity to test Beta releases of the RW apps, the version you see on your phone may not always match the documented release version. I apologize for any confusion this has caused and will try pick up the task of communicating Beta releases to the participating Ambassadors.

(Note to readers: This post will not be updated as the app is updated and version numbers posted here should not be assumed to be current. Please always refer to the Republic Wireless Release Notes for updates to the latest version.)

@jben - not sure if you’re still updating the PRL information.

Moto G1 - Latest PRL is 4505?<–on~08/06/2016 (Need a by someone)

If so, we just ran a PRL update on our Moto G1 phones today (10-23-2016) and they show 44057

Thought we’d check this before the possible system security update planned for later this month. Hope this helps!

As of 01/17/17 latest PRL for Moto X1 is 45061.

Thanks @jben ! I wouldn’t know there was an update without YOU!!!

@jben

Did a check today and the Moto G1 - Latest PRL is still 44060<–as of 2/17/2017 … (1st Gen XT1031)

As of 03/02/17 latest PRL for Moto X1 is still 45061.

As of 4/27/17, latest Republic wireless and telephony app versions are: 2.1.5.2301

I have modified this post and it now just includes the Settings for the original phones supported by Republic Wireless
All the information to provide help with WiFi problems is now contained here:

Moto X1 RW Model Number?

As of 1/19/18 latest PRL for Moto X1 on 2.0 plan is 45067.