Clearing the Handover Notification?

incomplete

I have a Moto-X running Android 5.1 and RW App version 2.1.6.2311 on the Base Plan + 0.5GB. I don’t get many phone calls, and sometimes the Handover Notification (“Tap to handover from Cell to WiFi”) doesn’t go away at the end of a call. Currently I have a notification dated 2 days ago. Isn’t it supposed to appear at the beginning and go away at the end? If so how do I get rid of it when I’m not actually on a call? That notification space is valuable…

Thanks — Andrew

@anjrew,

Checked on my G3 with same versions. I see just a small notification icon next to the arc during a conversation and no banner unless swiping down on most calls. If the banner appears it goes away after making my choice.

Assume you’ve disabled and then re-enabled the handover in the RW app.
Suggest you 1st try clearing the cache. Clearing the Cache – Republic Help
Next uninstall RW app updates in Play store and reinstall updates. apps.
If no help, reboot the phone to safe mode to eliminate 3rd party apps. Safe Mode – Republic Help

If those don’t do the trick someone else may have more suggestions or RW Support may have experience with this issue. Help Ticket | Republic Wireless Good luck.

:flight_departure:

Hi @anjrew,

Were you able to get that notification cleared?

Yes, by disabling (and then re-enabling) notifications from the RW app. I suspect that’s an indication that there is a bug in the app, but it’s an old phone now running an old OS version, so now I know how to get around it I’m satisfied.

Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know you’ve figured it out!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.